Senior Logistics Specialist
What's the role?
The role of Senior Logistics Specialist assists in the improvement of the department to achieve company goals in service and sales. The position may include rotation and/or interfacing with sales, customer service, distribution, repair, transportation, materials management, controlling, repair, and other areas at Hilti South Africa headquarters.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Plan, purchase and distribute inventory items
• Provide logistics support sales personnel
• Support cost containment initiatives to control Logistics operational expenditures (OPEX)
• Assist management in operations, resource supervision and process improvements
• Additional duties, as assigned
Assist Distribution Center Manager in all aspects of his/her job including, but not limited to:
• Efficient and accurate receiving
• Team development and coaching
• Reduce inventory loss by increasing accuracy, and damage control
• Efficient and accurate order processing
• Facilitate completion of Continuous Improvement Projects
• Resources planning and allocations
• Annual Operations Budget
• Support implementation of best practices and policies
• Implementation of LEAN principles
Our logistics operation is special because we own our whole supply chain, something that’s almost unique for a company of our size.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you the necessary resources you need to excel in your role, including one-on-one coaching, and a complete support network to help you day to day. We’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions and tackle different markets.
Hilti will put their trust in you, giving you ample opportunity and freedom to grow and develop. What we want in return is someone who will not only go the extra mile, but also be the right culture fit, someone who will embrace change, and someone with the talent to move the business forward in their field of work. Additionally, we offer you a competitive salary as part of our employee value proposition.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Completed Bcom in Business, Logistics, or Supply Chain Management. Master’s degree is a plus.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in Supply Chain/ Logistics
• Strong Analytical skills and mathematical aptitude required
• Strong Microsoft and PC skills; perfect Excel and PowerPoint knowledge, SAP knowledge preferred
• Committed, logical thinker with high attention to details
• Comfortable working with strict deadlines and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent networking, interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management
• High level of motivation, customer focus oriented, and a continuous improvement mentality required
• Lean Management Experience preferred
• Willing to work in operational and office environment.
• Team player
• Willing to relocate domestically or internationally based on corporate needs as this is a management training position
Hilti is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“You get a unique opportunity to experience all different functions of the supply chain – and, for many people, to do it overseas. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it, show us.”